Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Figgy Breakfast and a few good books

Hello Sweets! I wanted share my breakfast with you because it was yummmmy! I made oatmeal with figs and scrambled eggs with mushrooms, spinach and red onions.

Figgy Oatmeal: 

Make oatmeal as usual

Add milk and ample butter

Chop as many figs as you care to have















Once oatmeal is finished cooking while still in pot add figs put the top on the pot and let rest for about 5 minutes
















Spoon in to bowl and put a sliver of butter, brown sugar and almonds on top Loosen pants:)


Scrambled Eggs with sauteed veggies 

Mix eggs in a bowl with a little milk, coarse ground pepper, and pink salt

Put egg mixture to the side Heat up a small pan with olive oil or butter (I used butter because I was feeling fancy this morning)

Cook mushrooms and onions until tender, put in bowl














Cook spinach for about 45 seconds until it just starts to wilt, put aside

Scramble eggs to you liking and then put on a plate

Add the spinach on top of the eggs and then put the mushrooms and onions on Now after this meal you will feel one part happy, and two parts stuffed....or at least I did.















Exercise by dancing to 80's music :)


Now.....on to my book that I am reading:

P.S. I must warn you that I have weird tastes so you may not like the books I choose

1. Nancy Drew...always a favorite

This one in particular:




















2. The next one is  by Umberto Echo....his works are interesting to me from a historical point of view.




Enjoy your week sweets!






 

No comments:

Post a Comment