Monday, December 5, 2011

Monday Funday-Traveling Sweet

Hello Sweets! Phew...it is good to be home, I have been one traveling sweet this past month. I have traveled from Ohio to Las Vegas with mini stops home and a sprinkling of Pennsylvania and Arizona in between. I am not sure what time zone I am in and if I want breakfast or lunch. Ha! Coincidentally, I felt like Buddy while in Las Vegas...a long way from home..whoa! 



One thing for sure is that I am getting excited for Christmas. Yay! We put up our tree yesterday, which coincidentally was our first day back home and though our tree be a tad bit lopsided(that was my pirate voice), I let out a sigh of pure joy when we turned the twinkling lights on. Today I am resting up..... I think I have a tummy ache from sheer exhaustion! Pics to follow. Until then I thought this would be fun!  The candy cane mice below are from Martha Stewart.  How fun!  I love crafting.























Directions from Martha Stewart:

On a photocopier, enlarge mice template by 150 percent; cut out. With a pencil, trace ears and body onto felt; cut out. Cut inner ears and a dot for a nose from felt in a contrasting color, cut dots for eyes from black. Glue the face and inner ears in place. Make slits in body for ears and candy-cane tail where marked; to make cutting easier, fold felt across center of slits, and snip. Slip ears through slits at front; then slide wrapped candy cane through body slits, tucking the end underneath the ear piece at the back.




No comments:

Post a Comment