Sunday, October 19, 2014

Serendipitous Sunday-Festival

Picture From Amazon

As a little child I had my first experience of the wonder that awaits when the festivals and fairs came to town and I have been hooked ever since.  There is just something about the music, treats, and acts that amazed my little soul and that still does today.  God made a glorious world with all types of people in it and you will never find a more eclectic group of people than at a renaissance festival. Last Sunday we went in search of merriment and found it at the Maryland Renaissance Festival.


The festival was just as grand as I remembered and I truly felt like I had stepped back in time.  One of my favorite things at the festival was an old fashioned glass blowing demonstration.  I was amazed at the beautiful creations that were made by the artisans by hand.

I took home a lovely little pink ornament that is in the picture below.

I met a butterfly at the festival and he was just as I imagined a proper butterfly would be.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and allowed me to shake one of his many hands.

The festival was filled with delicious food and I believed that we sampled just about everything!  My favorite treat was the Crab Pretzel which was a soft buttery pretzel with crab, melted cheese and Old Bay on top...yum!!
Taking time to relax and do fun things is inherently important to leading a well balanced life. Proverbs 17:22 tells us that "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." So make sure that you do happy things that bring you joy!



Happy Sunday Sweets!



No comments:

Post a Comment