Sunday, November 4, 2012

Serendipitous Sunday-Weathering the Storm


This is the thing....Heaven is a beautiful place...one day you will come in to contact with the embodiment of love.....and every knee shall bow...every tongue confess...MAN I get excited thinking about that. But........now...you are on earth...we are put here for a reason, we all have a purpose.  If you are honoring the Lord with your life then really, you should not worry....Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Now, do I sometimes worry?...ehhh...I get scared.  When I am scared I call on Jesus...I call on Jesus...and I keep calling on Jesus. This is because I am human, I am mortal, and......well...maybe I watch too many horror/end of the world movies...but that's another story on being careful what you fill your mind with. But who can resist Giantsaur Against Megacroc on SYFY.  You? No? Ok...I guess I am just a dweeb:)  I digress. God loves you, always remember that when you are scared.  Just keep repeating that to yourself.  Ask him to protect your family...prayer works.  

Now here are my recommendations for Storms:
Always, always, always keep: 
Extra water
Food
A little grill (You can boil hot water on it if you lose electricity and such)
Wood or charcoal
Candles
Radio
Batteries
Chocolate..wait, that is not necessary but do you want to be stuck without it?  Just Saying..


About those Bible verses I quoted:

Matthew 6:27
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Philippians 2:8-11

Therefore, God elevated him to the place of highest honor and gave him the name above all other names, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.


Happy Sunday Sweets!





1 comment:

  1. I'm very envious of people who have faith, it's a wonderful gift - or maybe it's something you work for maybe just receive, I'm not sure.

    ReplyDelete